Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Sweetest Story...

It seems that after every session, whether it be newborn, maternity, children, family or senior, I find myself saying, "That's DEFINITELY my favorite type of session to do..." And, in all honesty at that moment it probably is. But, there is absolutely nothing sweeter than having the pleasure of photographing a mom-to-be, then welcomed back to photograph their new little bundle. At that moment, THOSE are my favorite sessions to do...

This story was no different...Taunya and Eric were great to photograph by themselves. Although, Eric (like most of the hubbies out there...) was reluctant to get in front of the camera. I told him - just you wait...when I come back after this baby is born, you're going to be a bowl of mush and are going to ASK to be in pictures. Well, I won't say that he quite turned into a bowl of mush, or that he ASKED to be in pictures, but he certainly didn't mind this time. Babies change you...in more ways than you can think is possible...

And, of course, Miss Taunya... She was something. Perfect pregnant curves and so willing to try anything. A photographers dream... "Comfortable at home" was what she wanted for her portraits...I think we captured it perfectly.

Then, we welcomed this sweet little package...all bundled nicely and cute as can be. Davis Derl entered Mom and Dad's lives on May 27th. Isn't he sweet...

Now, this little bugger just did NOT want to sleep during his session. That last shot was actually him blinking! I just got lucky... But, nonetheless, we had a great session and he was a trooper. 3 1/2 hours later, I let him have his life back, so he could cuddle in next to mom and not have a camera pointed in his face! I am so looking forward to continuing to photograph this little guy...one of my biggest rewards is seeing my littlest clients grow into mischievous toddlers. Bet mom and dad can hardly wait...

3 Comments:

Blogger Oakstream Photography said...

WOW!!! Excellent & I SOOO LOVE these! In all honesty this was probably my MOST FAVORITE maternity session of yours! Not quite sure if it's cause of 'HER' & HOW BEAUTIFUL she is, BUT it is SIMPLY PERFECT! I love the newborn ones' what a doll baby!!! EXCELLENT Brianne!! :)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Barefoot Photography said...

Okay, that last image of the "little bugger" is perfection. I love how you captured the newborn "O". What a beautiful expression and I love his little foot. Just fabulous.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Barefoot Photography said...

The last shot that you captured of the "little bugger" is perfection. I love the newborn "O". His little foot just so...just fabulous. Well done.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home