Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My Life. My Love. My Art.

Well, I'm elbow deep in this blog and realized that many of you may not know who I am...at all! Since I just changed the title of my blog, I thought now would be a perfect time. So, here goes nothin'...

My Life.
Go, go, go... That's what most who know me would
say I'm like. Constantly on the move, trying different things and getting crazy ideas in my head (I can thank my mom and grandma for that...). I can't ever just sit still and do nothing. Watch TV? Nope, not me... If I do get the chance to watch something, generally I am also reading a magazine or working on some kind of project. Why? Heck if I know. It becomes a little irritating sometimes (just ask my husband...), but it's just how I'm wired. And, honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. It's what has given me the drive to start not one, but two businesses from home and so far, have made them a success (much to the thanks of my wonderful and loyal clients). So, me in a nutshell? I am a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend, and a photographer... And, hopefully I find the balance to do all of these. However, the majority of my life revolves around nap schedules, messy hands and childhood laughter. And, thus revolves around my *almost* two year old little boy. On to him next...

My Love.
My greatest love has always been my husband of almost four years. We have been together nearly half of our lives. Yep, high school sweethearts. He is definitely my other half - the part that makes me slow down a bit...calm down a bit...and enjoy the days. The love of my life. That is until my son came into the picture. I never knew I could love someone so much as I did when they handed that perfect little bundle to me. I was falling in love and it's been a constant ride ever since. So, now I have two greatest loves. One reminds me what it's like to be a child...to laugh hard every day...to smell the flowers...to take time to listen to puppies barking, airplanes flying and birds chirping. The other one reminds me what it's like to be a mom, a wife, and a woman. Who loves me unconditionally (and who'd have to based on the first paragraph!) and supports every effort and crazy idea I come up with. My loves ARE my life.

My Art.
I somehow stumbled upon this passion after my son was born. I had always had a love and admiration for photography and a style of photography that was "few and far between". I wanted someone to capture me laughing with my family, kissing my husband, and looking at my son in only the way a mother does. And, thus I started my journey. I went into this with the idea that surely I couldn't be the only one who wanted this style of photography. And, so it began. I reached out to friends and family to get them to be my guinea pigs and soon they began to refer me to people, and those people referred me and so on and so on... And, now I'm where I am today. I've started over in a new city and have been blessed, once again, with a loyal clientele who are gracious enough to refer me to their family and friends. I love what I do. And, I think that, above anything else, shows in my work.

My favorite image of recent:

3 Comments:

Blogger Oakstream Photography said...

Love your story Brianne! You are absolutely amazing & sooo inspire me. Not only with your photography, BUT most importantly with your whole outlook on life! AWESOME!!!!!:)

9:58 AM  
Blogger tiffani sunshine said...

Whoa Baby! That's quite an introduction....I feel like I've known you for years after reading that!!! You rock! Love your new favorite image too!:)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Jessica Hughes said...

It's nice to more about you. :) You are an inspirataion. Your work is stunning.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home