Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Finally....our pictures...

I'm sure you can about imagine the holiday craziness 'round these parts. Presents here, wrapping paper there, ornaments, cookies and boxes galore....then, add in all the orders to package, Christmas cards to complete and various other way too boring stuff to mention, and I've been a virtual chicken (one with it's head cut off, no less).

But...I promised these, and I don't got back on my promises!!! So amidst holiday craziness and all, here are my family portraits.

It really was a surreal experience to be the one in front of the camera... To go through the process from beginning to end just as my clients do. Wondering if she got anything (how could she possibly have gotten anything with my crazy three year old running around!??!?), wondering if I look as bad as I think I probably do (can she shave off 10lbs in photoshop, I wonder?!?!?), wondering how long does it really take to get these proofs up (my God....she must not work very fast!!). Alright - that last one was a joke...don't kill me Tiff. :) But, after all the questions had passed, and after a couple weeks, I got a call....they were up and ready. Do you all feel this way, too, when you get that e-mail?? That rush of adrenaline....excitement, nervousness and anxiety all wrapped up into one neat little package?

I wondered if I would react as many of my clients tell me they do... Would I cry when I watched it? Would I get goosebumps? Would I be forever grateful at the memories that were captured right there....right then....and kept forever more? Yes, Yes, and Yes. The shots that got me the most were the ones of Blake and I. As a mom (not even as a photographer here!), we somehow always get left out of the pictures... Whether we're the ones taking them or whether we're in the kitchen whipping up a batch of mashed potatoes, or cleaning the bathroom or making the bed, or working... We never seem to be there. And, if it weren't for these wonderful, amazing moments that Tiffani captured...well, Blake may have very well gone through old photo albums thinking he only had a Daddy... But, now there is proof. When he is 18 and ready to go off to college, I can look back and remember. At one point he loved his Mommy...and didn't mind cuddling. :)

For that, I will be eternally grateful that Tiff was able to capture these moments. I love them. Pure and simple. I love them.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mellanie said...

Sniff, sniff! I'm on the verge of tears. These are beautiful, Tiff. And Brianne, your family is just gorgeous! ILYS!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Photo Alli said...

Alli here. Remember me from Portland!?! Anywho, you got your haircut since I last saw you! You look beautiful and your family is precious. Great photos - and I love what you wrote about it all in your entry. Have a great holiday!

3:59 PM  
Blogger tiffani sunshine said...

Awwwww....thanks so much for the sweet, sweet words! I'm so glad that you love them...truly. SO glad, in fact, that I'll ignore the comment about how long it took for the proofs. HA! Well, anytime you'll have me back, I'm ready. I LOVE your family and you guys made my job SO easy by being so fun and so darn adorable!;-)

9:36 PM  
Blogger Hayley said...

Good grief I am about in tears reading what you wrote Brianne!! The pictures are fantastic, but how could they not be with the fabulous Tiffani Sunshine taking them ;) And Brianne your family is beautiful! It is so wonderful that Tiff was able to capture these moments for you!! Thanks for sharing :)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Oakstream Photography said...

You are one HOT MAMMA!!!!!!! I LOVE all these!!! You are soo darn sweet....what wonderful words!!!

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brianne, your family is just beautiful!!! You are GORGEOUS girl! Although I like it, your SP does NOT do you justice!!!! Tiff, your work is AMAZING, as always!!!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Markissaearle said...

Oh I love all these!
AND I LOVE Tiffani Sunshine, so I am so glad you did these!!!
They are beautiful
Cheerio
Melissa E Earle

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home