Thursday, October 26, 2006

...and she just gets sweeter...

I have so many wonderful things to say about this little girl and her wonderful parents I don't even know where to begin! You may remember this little beauty from a couple months ago - "Sweet Kaya". That was her very first session with me and her parents signed up for three more. Now, I'm a bit of a softy - probably comes from being a mom myself - but I tend to grow rather attached to my babies...especially those in the "As They Grow" package. That means I'm guaranteed to see them at least four times in the first year of their life. So, four sessions of Sweet Kaya? Yeah, I'm ok with that! If that wasn't pleasant enough, it also means that I get to work with her parents (well...mom, mostly!) and I can't tell you how much I enjoy it. It is so wonderful and refreshing to meet someone - especially a client - who shares the same exact thoughts, ideals and visions for photography as I do. This mom, Kelley, and I seemed to just click. When we first met, I told her of how I didn't want to be the photographer you come to once a year for wallets for the aunts and uncles. I wanted to be the photographer you came to when you wanted to decorate your home with art. Her response? I'm so excited! I knew right then and there we would work great together.

Kelley has given me so many wonderful compliments - saying that I will always be a part of her memories from this beautiful first year in her daughter's life. That almost brought me to tears!! I am so thankful to have clients like Kelley - and so many more - that make my "job" not so much a job, but more about creating lifelong friendships with wonderful people.

Well, that turned into much more about my wonderful clients than it did about Sweet Miss Kaya! But...I don't need many words for this little cutie. Those curls...big blue eyes...and smiley personality will do all the work for me.

Who doesn't remember their first time eating grass??
Not sure if you can see or not, but she has a big huge drool stream in this one! I loved it...and left it there...
Ummm...no words needed!
Who me? I didn't just eat grass!
The very last shot I got... Daddy was back there making her laugh with silly faces....awww....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home